Back in the zone

For the last couple of months I’ve decided to take a step back from the game development and work on a new site. When progress seems to stand still for too long I tend to shift onto something else temporarily which usually leads to it ticking over in the back of my mind.

In the mean time I created a new site for snippets (… not really relevant but more of a shameless plug =)

Anywho, while working on the site I was also thinking about the game and have made yet another u-turn and decided to go back down the 3D route. I’ve thought of a way to turn it into more of an action RPG style game which should also help preserve the survival aspects I’m wanting to maintain.

Upon getting back into the 3D game development state of mind and starting to implement these new ideas, it dawned on me that there were a couple of underlying issues with the setup of my existing work. Although I did spend a little while trying to correct these issues, the decision was made to start afresh & gradually import the existing work into the new workflow.

Although there’s nothing much to show at this point, there should be soon =)